Nor sure if this is going to work if it doesn't let me know

Go down

Nor sure if this is going to work if it doesn't let me know

Post by DownByTheRiver on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:50 pm

Before i write this blog I'm going put up a trigger warning on this.Im not no professional and ask that you think of your own wellbeing before reading on...

Sit back and ask yourself the following questions :
'How many times has someone looked at you? How many times has someone said to you 'you'll never change? You'll always be the same? How many times have you sat and questioned yourself?Said to yourself 'I don't know if I can do this anymore? I don't want to be here anymore? I'll be better off dead? Have you thought about suicide? Or self harmed?

Let me stop you there,your probably sitting their judging me based on those statements above soon,but you know what? That's fine, as your entitled to your opinion and I fully respect that, however I want to try and put the point across that peoe.can change.People.can come back from a really low point I their life and then their lives around .. let me do my best to explain....

I've sat and I've questioned my Life, ive doubted myself and yes I've been at points in life where I have attempted suicide on a number of occasions, because of how I've felt and I thought people would be better off without me been around.

There is still so much stigma around mental health which is gradually better because people are been more open.and honest about it with others, people are finding their voices and sharing their experiences. It's about breaking down those barriers.There is still scope for Improvement...

Neatly 3 years ago now I went through a traumatic experience which left me in a really bad place I couldn't cope with anything, I lost control and found myself selfharming and extremely suicidal, I found myself making numerous attempts to end my life.March 2017 I found myself sat on a railway bridge with no recollection as how i got there, a complete stranger took the time to stop and help me, when I say help they I mean they stood at the bottom and tried to speak to me and eventually contacted the police. I was pulled to safety by a police officer in the end.

After been taken to a place of safety and breaking down I was left to go home and tried the same thing yet again that same weekend. After been told I could go home a second time I found myself reading through Twitter, this was where things changed for me.. let me explain...

I came across a twitter blog which made me really stop and think, the blog was wrote by a police officer who explained the impacts that attending a suicide had left on him, this really opened my eyes a lot more and made me really think and in all honesty it actually scared me..Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to put make people feel guilty by there actions I fully understand how bad it feels to be in such a dark place without seen no way out at all.

I used to think suicide would only affect loved one and friends how wrong was I??!!! Reading this blog entry made me realise the impact that it had on absoulty everyone involved.
Mental illness isn't something that can just go away it's not like a switch that can be switched off anytime. It's nothing to be ashamed off either. What makes a difference is people sharing their experiences. Finding someone who will sit and listen to you aswell.. It also goes to show that it can affect anyone at anytime aswell.Your not alone ..

This blog entry will live with me for a really long time as it was the point where I turned my life around big time..

SO WHERE AM I NOW?

I'm currently on a good place both physically and mentally. I have just applied for my dream job. I'm also a year free from selfharm which I'm also proud of. I'm more open about my Mental health and try my hardest to speak about it as much as I can aswell. I'm a lot more positive than i was. Don't get me wrong I still have bad days but who doesn't ..

So let me go back and ask you those questions from before. The main one been can people change? The answer is simple ' people can change '

I would just like to take this opertunity to say a massive thank you to the person who wrote the blog they know who they are now. And I'd also like to point out since I read the originally blog and whilst trying to track down the original blog I was also pointed toward a lot of other officer who wrote about there experiences aswell. So from the bottom of my heart a massive thank you to you all...

I'd like to encourage yous to continue to share your experiences and stories as these are encouraging and extremely helpful for me personal it was my changing point in life so once a again a massive

DownByTheRiver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nor sure if this is going to work if it doesn't let me know

Post by PC PROBIE on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:21 am

My god,

Thank you so much for sharing! Such an emotional but important read! You are so brave for sharing that and I am so very glad you are in a better place. Never stop fighting.

You are stronger and more resilient than you could ever have imagined. Thank you
PC PROBIE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenGoose on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:24 am

Amazing!! Thank you for sharing!
GoldenGoose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content